Tooth Extractions In Sugar Land
When teeth become damaged by decay, trauma or wear, they can typically be restored with a filling, root canal, or crown. If the damage is too great, the oral surgeon may suggest to have the tooth removed. Dr. Johnson is an experienced oral surgeon serving Sugar Land and surrounding cities; and he’ll work to make your dental extraction as comfortably as possible.
The Tooth Extraction Process
Dr. Johnson will develop a plan for extraction, taking into consideration your age, health, and allergies. Some teeth may be easier to extract than others; but generally, a tooth extraction is a simple procedure that can be performed in one surgical visit.
In order to get the tooth extracted, local anesthesia will be applied to numb the gum and the tooth, and general anesthesia or IV will be used if necessary. This makes your tooth extraction a painless procedure!
Types of Dental Extraction
As mentioned before, the extraction procedure will depend on the condition of the tooth. Extractions are classified in:
- Simple extractions: The tooth is completely erupted, and no surgery is required. Dr. Johnson will use local anesthesia and gently loose the tooth to remove it with forceps.
- Surgical extractions: may be required if the tooth has broken off at the gum line, if it has large/curved roots, or if it’s a Wisdom Tooth that hasn’t come out.
Post Extraction Care
For simple extractions, Dr. Johnson will ask you to keep a gauze on the gum to help creating the blood clot, which will protect your against infections and help your gum to fully recover. He’ll also provide you with some instructions to follow during the recovery. Some post-extraction recommendations are:
- Don’t rinse your mouth in the next 24 hours.
- Avoid alcohol, cigarettes and other drugs.
- Avoid solid food to prevent damaging the clot.
- Carefully brush and floss your teeth regularly.
- After 24 hours, rinse the area with salt water after every meal.
Book Your Appointment Now
Don’t think too much about it. A tooth extraction should be a painless procedure. Dr. Johnson will guarantee your complete satisfaction and provide the most advanced techniques. Contact us and schedule your visit now!
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT DR. LT JOHNSON, DDS NOW!
Pre and Post Operative Instructions
I' felt no pain!
I will be back and refer loved ones to the practice!
Great Professional Staff
COME TO OUR PRACTICE
L.T. Johnson, DDS
4724 Sweetwater Blvd. #105
Sugar Land, TX 77479
3600 Kirby Drive
Houston, Texas 77098
Monday to Friday
9:00am - 5:00pm
AREAS WE SERVE
- Sugar Land, TX
- Missouri City, TX
- Stafford, TX
- Richmond, TX
- Houston, TX
- Surrounding Areas