Dental Implant Placement in Sugar Land, TX
Dental Implant Placement
Whether a tooth must be removed or is already missing, dental implant placement is THE BEST RESTORATIVE SOLUTION to ensure the long-term health of the mouth. The fear of losing a tooth and living with an incomplete smile can prevent patients from taking care of a dental problem. Our surgeons provide patients with a variety of restorative solutions using dental implants, which not only eliminate tooth pain, but restore a beautiful new smile that patients will be proud to show off.
The Advantages Of Dental Implants
They work and look as natural teeth.
Helps to preserve facial structure, and helps keep your from that sunk in look
Aids in chewing and reducing malnutrition.
Easy to clean and care for.
Used to restore and create beautiful smiles.
May last your entire life with proper care.
The implant process
After performing an evaluation to determine what your dental implant options are, the process is as follows:
- Development an individualized treatment plan.
- Place the implant (tooth root), which is a small post made of titanium, into the bone socket of the missing tooth.
- After the dental implant placement, the healing process can take from 4 to 6 months.
- Once the implant has bonded to the jawbone, a small connector post – called an abutment – is attached to the post to hold the new tooth crown.
- Your general dentist will take impressions of your teeth, and creates a model of your bite
- A replacement tooth, also called crown, is then attached to the abutment.
Because the implant is secured within the jawbone, the replacement teeth look, feel, and function just like your own natural teeth. Dental implants need the same care as real teeth, including brushing, flossing, and regular dental check-ups.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT DR. LT JOHNSON, DDS NOW!
Pre and Post Operative Instructions
AREAS WE SERVE
- Sugar Land
- Missouri City
- The Woodlands
- Surrounding Areas